When I first saw the Roscoe Blouse, I didn’t think I needed it in my wardrobe. It was super cute, but quite honestly when I first started sewing all I wanted to do was make pretty party dresses! The Roscoe got forgotten until recently, when I realized that it holds quite a few similarities to the most well-loved (and overused) top in my wardrobe. I finally purchased the pattern recently, and I am SO glad that I did. (PS – the pattern was just recently re-released in a more inclusive size range! If you don’t have it yet, read on and see why I think you should definitely grab it! I’ve linked the pattern at the bottom!)
It’s RECAP time! I sewed up SIX stash fabrics over the last two months, which I’m super happy about! My July sewing seemed a little slow, as I started my first ever pair of jeans about halfway through, but once I powered through that awesome project I was very productive throughout August! I had the luxury of taking some time off around my birthday, and just sit in my sewing room for an entire day and make stuff, which I haven’t done in many many months. It felt so great, and was the perfect birthday gift to myself. I also brought you guys in on the birthday fun by hosting a pretty awesome giveaway!! It was a super great couple of months, and here’s the outcome:
Last year as part of Sew My Style 2018, I made my first ever pair of pants – a tropical print pair of Tilly and the Buttons Marigold Trousers in this super lovely Rifle Paper Co. rayon lawn. They were a great intro into a very basic pair of pants, but they have never been 100% my style. I loved them with the white crop top I originally photographed them with, and I also wore them a couple of times with an off-white Ogden cami tucked in. I liked the comfortable, casual look of this pairing and ultimately decided that I’d use that last little bit of scrap fabric to make up a matching Ogden cami for a faux jumpsuit! So here I am, holding on to every last bit of summer in a monstera leaf printed faux jumpsuit!
Today, I’m doing something a little different here on the blog – not only am I sharing my first ever piece of me-made lingerie, I’m also going to share step-by-step how I hacked the Jordy Bralette into a nursing-friendly bralette! I don’t do a lot of pattern hacking, but this was a serious need in my wardrobe, so there was no hesitation hacking right into this one. I LOVE the outcome, and I am looking forward to making a couple more very soon to round out my bra collection.