Today, I’m doing something a little different here on the blog – not only am I sharing my first ever piece of me-made lingerie, I’m also going to share step-by-step how I hacked the Jordy Bralette into a nursing-friendly bralette! I don’t do a lot of pattern hacking, but this was a serious need in my wardrobe, so there was no hesitation hacking right into this one. I LOVE the outcome, and I am looking forward to making a couple more very soon to round out my bra collection.
I’m back for round three of my bi-monthly recaps! I did a little better sewing up stash fabrics in May/June than I did in March/April, but still not quite as good as in January/February. I still participated in quite a bit of collaboration sewing again over this 2-month period, but I am so happy to say that I haven’t purchased any fabric since my IndieSew purchase in February / March! I’m really enjoying getting to make up some of my fabrics into garments I’ve had in my brain for awhile, and shopping my stash when I want to try a new pattern. This was a bottom heavy couple of months, with skirts / pants / shorts making a big bang in my handmade wardrobe. Without any further delay, here’s my makes!!…
I picked out this fabric back in September, when I was still VERY pregnant, and the cool weather was starting to think about settling in. I knew it was destined to be a pencil skirt, but I also knew that this meant that it would be sitting on my shelf, waiting a while – the colors didn’t really scream autumn or winter, and my belly wasn’t super accommodating to a pencil skirt silhouette at the time! So off to the shelf it went, waiting for the conditions to be just right. It’s been about 80F pretty regularly lately, so I’d say conditions are good.
Time for another Recap post! This two month interval was filled with collaborations – and for this reason, I didn’t sew much from my stash. I was thrilled to be asked to participate in the Style Maker Fabrics Spring blog tour, as well as another collaboration with Pine Crest Fabrics, AND a new pattern promotion with Deer and Doe! All of this on top of my planned quarterly make with Stylish Fabrics meant I didn’t have a lot of time or wiggle room for additional projects, but it did give me the opportunity to really think out each of these collaborations and actually come up with a really great combination of makes! See all the things I came up with in March and April 🙂