I made this Toaster Sweater back in the autumn of 2017. I went and took a couple of cute blog photos in it, and have been wearing it fairly regularly ever since. Recently, I realized that despite all of that, I’d never actually written a blog post to go with this wardrobe staple! So here I am, finally correcting that.
The Tabor Sweater is hands-down my favorite pattern at the moment. The grey waffle knit version I made at the end of 2018 has been the one thing I’ve reached for most frequently in my closet this season, and I hated when I had to put it in the wash. So instead of pouting all day while it was out of commission, I decided to make another!
I’m so excited to be sharing my Camden skirt on the blog today!! You may have seen my early sneak peek on the pattern release day at the end of January – I had the pleasure of testing this pattern, so I couldn’t help but share a photo to promote the pattern as soon as it released. Today, I’ll get to elaborate a little bit on my experience with the pattern, and my resulting skirt! ( PS – Read all the way to the bottom for a little surprise!)
This fabric wasn’t meant to be leggings when I picked it out. I had a really fun maxi dress in mind, maybe something with a cute wrap top and some fluttery sleeves. The tie dye print is so large and fun, I thought a maxi dress was really going to be the best way to showcase it! But when I received it, I couldn’t ever seem to commit to a pattern when I looked at it. I loved the idea of making some tie dye leggings, but I kept having this silly idea that the fabric was too pretty and too soft to be something as simple and usable as that! I held on to it longer than I planned, and finally January rolled around… And with it came the Activewear themed Sew My Style month, as well as the #SewFancyPants challenge. I took this lovely combination as a sign that this fabric was, in fact, meant to be a pair of fancy pants leggings, and finally went about cutting into it!